INFORMATION FOR PRACTICES
EQUIPMENT TO BE PROVIDED BY THE PRACTICE
1. 10ML Leuer Lock syringes. 2 syringes required per case
2. 2% Xylocaine . 10ml required per case . 4 x 5ml or 1 x 20ml (preferred)
3. 25 Gauge (orange) short needles. 2 needles required per case
4. 90cm x 90cm Fenestrated Drapes. These range in price but as a general rule don't pay more than $4 per drape. 1 required per case.
5. 3.0 Vicryl suture (absorbable). Required on standby during a list.
6. Skinman 90 surgical scrub. This is very important to reduce the time between cases as the doctor and nurse do not need to do a full scrub each time. It comes in a bottle of 500ml and we use about 10ml case. Best to have about 4 bottles on hand. https://www.sssaustralia.com.au/skinman-90-antiseptic-rub-500ml-1304178
7. Betadine (Brown) : We use about 10ml per case
8. Basic dressing packs: 2 required per case
9. 18 G Drawing up needles.
10. Sterile Gloves: 1 pair per case
Dr Cashion - 7.5
12. Diathermy Tips. These need to be autoclaved
VASECTOMY AUSTRALIA TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING
11. Surgical Clips: 1 cartridge of 6 clips is used per case
These are sold as a box of 30 cartridges (180 clips per box) ie. 1 box will last 30 cases.
Purchase from Vasectomy Depot
12. Diathermy Covers: These are essential to maintain sterile conditions during the procedure.
Sold in boxes of 40
Best price is Fairmont Medical:
$216 Per box of 40
Product code DDC8001
Sales contact (Qld): Sarah Petrovic
Mobile:+61 432 477 843
Office:+613 9720 8840
Fax: +613 9720 8860
1. Headshots of Dr Cashion